What’s the hardest working pair of shoes in your wardrobe? Mine has to be classic brogues ( Cue: Seed Heritage and their darlin’ new range!) Season after season I invest in new pairs and polish up leather faithfuls. I never tire of these timeless shoes for so many reasons:
- They add an edge to any outfit. A shirt dress immediately becomes bookish and geek chic when accessorised with brogues.
- Brogues give a girl the chance to flirt with androgyny. Keep it at that for a subtle touch or totally work it with a tuxedo suit and slicked hair.
- They feel more luxe than sneakers. Not that I don’t love me some athleisure, but there’s a time and a place – brogues nail the smart/casual footwear.
- I honestly feel like brogues have tiptoed in to some kind of trend every season. These babies never go out of style!
- I love the vibe that a cool pair of brogues gives off – Annie Hall meets Alexa Chung, with a dash of Scandi chic. Plus they’re the perfect shoe for stomping around the city.
- They’re so darn comfy – hands up who loves a fashion statement that’s also as wearable as a slipper!
This season you’ll see me hotfooting it around in these pairs from Seed Heritage – totally working metallics and pastels and props to Seed’s designers for elevating us littlies with a platform sole.
Brogues are always in vogue in my book!
All garments and kicks via Seed Heritage.